Bill Sands and Sands & Company Real Estate has been featured in numerous national magazines and periodicals regarding our expertise in real estate and our unique style for reaching out to buyers and sellers. We make it our job to understand the needs of our clients and offers unparalleled customer service. Sands & Company is considered by many to be one of the nation’s leading experts in the Real Estate Market, Buyer and Seller Agent representing numerous satisfied clients, and in both Commercial and Residential Real Estate.
· Press Release, Reading Eagle November 20th 2016. William J. Sands III, broker, Realtor and president of Sands & Co. Real Estate, Wyomissing; and Sean P. DeVine, a Realtor with the company, attended the 2016 National Association of Realtors Conference & Expo Nov. 4 through Nov. 7 in Orlando, Fla. This year, 19,000 Realtors from around the globe attended the event. The conference was centered on the changing times for real estate in a presidential election year and interest rates. Sands attended an economic forum with Dennis P. Lockhart, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and Dr. Lawrence Yun, Ph.D., chief economist for the National Association of Realtors and a regular guest on CNBC and Bloomberg TV. Sands said the panelists’ opinion was that interest rates would rise moderately in 2017, but the outlook was good for real estate market, with moderate growth expected. The millennial generation also was discussed. The millennia’s have surpassed baby boomers in the workforce but are holding off becoming homeowners, partly due to student debt and the job market. Millennia’s, those born between 1982 and 1993, have little choice but to live at home with their parents or rent, according to what Sands reported. http://www.readingeagle.com/home-and-real-estate/article/news-to-use-two-from-sands–company-real-estate-attend-national-conference
· Press Release, Reading Eagle October 30th 2016, Sara Achenbach has joined Sands & Company of Wyomissing as a Realtor. She received her real estate license in August. Prior to joining Sands, Achenbach served as a senior field applications specialist for a global life science company, managing a multi-million dollar sales territory that included training, problem-solving, and collaborating with academic research scientists on the East Coast. She is a graduate of Gov. Mifflin High School and received a PhD in cell and molecular biology from the University of Pennsylvania. She is a published scientist. Achenbach said she has a particular passion for helping first-time homebuyers navigate the complex and emotional purchasing process. She also works as an actress through Au Management in West Reading and has appeared on television, in short films, industrial work films and in the background on an upcoming HBO series. Achenbach volunteers at Humane Society of Berks County and in the local recovery community, having previously volunteered at Caron Treatment Center in South Heidelberg Township. A longtime resident of Philadelphia, Achenbach recently sold her Wyomissing home, and she and her partner now reside in Spring Township. http://www.readingeagle.com/home-and-real-estate/article/new-local-real-estate-hire-for-october-30-2016
· Press Release, Reading Eagle October 10th 2016, William Sands and Jerry Pelker Jr. owners of Sands & Company host a celebration for Noel (Bausher) Szundy in their personal restored Hill Road estate residence. What a fitting welcoming backdrop for the original inhabitant’s 80th birthday party. http://www.readingeagle.com/sections/article/restored-hill-road-estate-is-welcome-backdrop-for-original-inhabitants-80th-birthday-party
· Press Release, Reading Eagle September 18th 2016, Rachel Krieger has joined Sands & Co. Real Estate, Wyomissing, as a Realtor. She received her real estate license in 2004. Krieger is a graduate of Reading High School and Hood College in Frederick, Md., with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and concentrations in studio arts and American studies. She previously worked as a print production manager in the book publishing industry in New York. Krieger resides in Topton. She enjoys gardening, old houses, art, antiques and learning about local history and architecture. http://www.readingeagle.com/home-real-estate/article/real-estate-new-hires-september-18
· Press Release, Reading Eagle September 18th 2016, Sean DeVine joined Sands & Co. Real Estate, Wyomissing, as a real estate agent. He received his real estate license in August. DeVine graduated from Wilson High School. He resides in the Centre Park Historic District in Reading, where he owns several investment properties. He is a board member of Reading’s Historical Architectural Review Board, chairman of the Facade Improvement Grant Committee for Centre Park and congregation president of Holy Spirit Lutheran Church. In 2015, he graduated from Alvernia University’s Leadership Berks Program. http://www.readingeagle.com/home-real-estate/article/real-estate-new-hires-september-18
· Press Release, Reading Eagle May 13th 2016, Bill Sands Broker – President of Sands & Company Real Estate has been named Chair for the 2016 Hawk Mountain Sanctuary Gala. Sands & Company made a $3,000 sponsorship contribution to the 2016 Gala to be held on May 13, 2016 at Bear Creek Lodge. The event is Hawk Mountain Sanctuary’s largest fundraiser. Sands & Company is also underwriting the cost of a commemorative wine glass gift for participants of the May 13th gala event. Recently Sands & Company hosted a Hawk Mountain fundraiser event at the Sands residence which generated over $10,000 in contributions for the nonprofit conservation organization. Hawk Mountain based in Berks County is the World’s largest Raptor Conservation Organization of its kind. In addition to Hawk Mountain Sanctuary, Sands & Company Real Estate is a proud supporter of Wounded Warriors and ASPCA.
- Press Release, Lehigh Valley Business, Oct 28th 2013, Bill Sands of Sands & Company was interviewed for an article written by Kathy Ruff “Real Estate Sales Skyrocker” http://www.lvb.com/article/20131028/LVB01/310259996/Real-estate-sales-skyrocket;-on-cusp-of-a-seller’s-market&template=art
- Press Release, Reading Eagle July 2013, Gerald J Pelker Jr joined Sands & Company Real Estate as a Realtor with our firm. http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=513581
- Press Release, WGAL News Release, April 1st 2013, William Sands of Sands & Company Real Estate of Wyomissing PA receives accolades from NBC affiliate station WGAL TV-8 for the pending sale of the Watt Mansion 1035 Marietta Ave Lancaster, PA Friday evening news — http://www.wgal.com/tv/-/9362288/7636024/-/13qmd1h/-index.html
- Press Release, Lancaster Intelligence Journal, April 05, 2013, Landmark mansion designed by famed architect Emlen Urban is under contract according to listing broker Bill Sands of Sands and Company Real Estate. The mansion located at 1035 Marietta Avenue, Lancaster PA. — http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/833904_landmark-lancastermansion–builtbyurban–under-contract.html
- Press Release, Reading Eagle Article December 23 2012, William Sands Named to Architectural Review Board: William Sands Named to Architectural Review Board: William J. Sands III, president of Sands & Co. Real Estate in Wyomissing, was appointed to Reading’s Historical Architectural Review Board Dec. 10 by City Council. He was appointed for a five-year term. The purpose of the board is to protect historical areas, buildings and structures with the city and to make them “a source of inspiration to our citizens by awakening interest in our historic past and to promote the general welfare and education of the city of Reading,” according to a statement released by Sands.
- Press Release, Lehigh Valley Business, DEC 17 2012 Real Estate: Optimism will Ring in the New Year featured comments on Berks County Real Estate from Bill Sands Owner and Broker of Sands & Company Real Estate. http://www.lvb.com/article/20121217/PRINT/121219948/-1/digital_edition&template=digital_edition
- Press Release, Reading Eagle December 18 2012, Bill Sands appointed to the Historical Architectural Review Board, (HARB) for the City of Reading on December 10, 2012.Bill Sands, Broker President of Sands & Company Real Estate was appointed by City Council on December 10, 2012 to serve on the board of the Historical Architectural Review Board for the City for a 5 year term ending 12/10/2017. The general purpose of the board protecting those historical areas, buildings and structures within the City which have distinctive character recalling the rich architectural and historical heritage of the City of Reading and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and of making those historical areas, buildings and structure a source of inspiration to our citizens by awakening interest in our historic past and to promote the general welfare, education of the City of Reading.
- Press Release, Lehigh Valley Business News October 26 2012 “More Buyers Entering the Region’s Housing Market” http://www.lvb.com/article/20121026/LVB01/121029945/0/SEARCH?highlight=bill+sands
- Press Release, Reading Eagle July 11th 2012 Bill Sands Broker of Sands & Company Real Estate joins Hawk Mountain Sanctuary Gala Committee. Hawk Mountain Sanctuary in Kempton Pa is an Internationally recognized scientific research center, international conservation training center, wildlife sanctuary and eco tourism destination and one of the best places in Northeastern North America to view the annual autumn hawk migration which is open to the public year round. It also holds the title of the World’s largest member supported Raptor Conservation organization. http://www.hawkmountain.org/ .The Staff of Sands & Company Congratulates Bill.
- Press Release, The Reading Eagle Article March 11 2012, NBC Today Show March 2 2012 Listing Aired on Barbara Corcoran, Sands & Company Listing Appeared as a Featured Home on NBC Today Show1800 Bern St located in the picturesque community of Hampden Heights in Reading Pennsylvania was featured on NBC Today Show “What you get for under $300,000” segment hosted by Barbara Corcoran contributor, and Al Roker. The home was suggested to Barbara Corcoran by William J. Sands, III a Broker of Sands & Company Real Estate as a way to gain some positive exposure for Reading, Pa. “There are some great homes in Reading and Reading is still a nice place to live” Sands States.
- Press Release, The Reading Eagle Article March 11th 2012Real Estate New Hire: Ryan Wolf “Ryan Wolf has joined Sands & Co. Real Estate, Wyomissing, as a Realtor. He received his real estate license in 2005. Wolf is a 2008 graduate of Phoenix University with a Bachelor of Science degree in information science. He works full time for the state. Wolf’s interests include boating, motorcycling and evolving technology. He also enjoys volunteering – he has worked on several Habitats for Humanity programs in Lehigh County – and spending time with his daughter. He is a member of Glad Tidings Church of God in Spring Township an Epler’s United Church of Christ in Bern Township. Wolf resides in West Reading.
- Press Release, Aired on NBC Today Show March 2nd 2012 Sands & Company Listing Appeared as a Featured Home on NBC Today Show, 1800 Bern St located in the picturesque community of Hampden Heights in Reading Pennsylvania was featured on NBC Today Show “What you get for under $300,000” segment hosted by Barbara Corcoran contributor, and Al Roker. The home was suggested to Barbara Corcoran by William J. Sands, III a Broker of Sands & Company Real Estate as a way to gain some positive exposure for Reading, Pa. “There are some great homes in Reading and Reading is still a nice place to live” according to Bill Sands.
- Press Release, The Reading Eagle Article Dec 11, 2012, Sands Joins Real Estate Guru’s Circle. Bill Sands became a selected member of the Barbara Corcoran inner circle http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=352071
- Press Release, Reading Eagle Article: Nov 27, 2011 New Realtor Property Data base to Launch in December. Featuring comments from Bill Sands of Sands & Company. Follow Link for more details http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=348509
- Press Release, Reading Eagle Article Nov 27, 2011. Realtors attend convention in California. Bill Sands and Donna Brubaker of Sands & Company attended the 2011 National Association of Realtors in Anaheim Ca from 11-10 to 11-17-11. Follow Link for details Http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=348261
- Press Release, Barbara Corcoran Inner Circle Nov 22nd 2011: Sands & Company Broker Bill Sands was selected to join Innovative International Real Estate Network formed by Barbara Corcoran who is a regular real estate contributor to the Today Show on NBC, and founder of the New York City “Corcoran Group” on 11-22-11
- Press Release, Sands & Company Real Estate Website launched10/19/2011 – We are proud to announce the launch of our new state of the art Real Estate Services Web site today. The new site is powered by a la mode, inc. net. X technology, which integrates and leverages a range of desktop and Internet applications and data sources to extend the network to better serve our clients. This new site provides streamlined services for existing as well as potential new clients, while also providing our staff with technology integration that allows us to be more effective in our daily operations. Not only can clients view our listings, but they can also search for a home or get pre-qualified for a mortgage and much more. The new site also provides rich multi-media content for potential new clients, showing them the benefits of hiring a professional Agent in an engaging, highly professional presentation format that will create new demand for our services. Going forward, the underlying a la mode net.X platform of our new site means that we are automatically going to be adding features and capabilities to meet our changing business requirements and keep up with the technology curve in Real Estate. We are a full service Real Estate Services firm and a recognized leader in the local market. Our firm combines a focus on customer service with the utilization of technology to provide clients with the highest quality and fastest turnaround times in the market/ OCT 2011
- Press Release, Reading Eagle Article Apr 2009: Listing Accolades Accredited Buyer’s Representative Designation/April 2009.
- Press Release, Reading Eagle Jan 2009, Newsweek.com features Bill Sands of Sands & Company Real Estate. Newsweek Article: A Broker’s Best Friend, Can Facebook revive the real-estate market.
- Press Release, Book “House Lust America’s Obsession with Our Homes” by writer Dan McGlinn of Newsweek and published by Doubleday Press with chapter 17 featuring Bill and his expertise in the vacation home market/January 2008.
- Press Release, New York Times Article January 2008, Who Needs A 401K? I’d rather have a Castle (House Lust).
- Press Release, Forbes.com Article January 2008, Real Estate Mania
- Press Release, WGAL TV8 January 2008, NBC Berks County MLS Expert Exclusive MLS expert, a Hearst Argyle Company, included TV commercial spots for a 12 month period for Bill Sands of Sands & Company Real Estate.
- Press Release, Reading Eagle February 2008, Texas Transplants, Berks County Is Home.
- Press Release, Reading Eagle January 2008, Local Realtor caught up in “House Lust”.
- Press Release, Reading Eagle November 2008, Bill Sands (owner/ Broker) & Debbie Davis (Realtor) with Sands & Company attend NAR conference.
- Press Release, Reading Eagle March 2008, Berks County couple hurt by tight mortgage market.
- Press Release, Cabin Life Magazine Article February 2007: “Moon Lake – A Place to Recharge.
- Press Release, Reading Eagle Article November 2007, Sands & Company Realtors Attend National Conference – New Orleans.
- Press Release, Reading Eagle Article December 2007, Today Show list has Reading as top up-and-coming neighborhood.
- Press Release, Reading Eagle Article December 1995, The Best Gifts; what every homeowner should have if time and money were no issue. Featuring Bill Sands and recognized and acknowledged by Martha Stewart of Martha Stewart Living.
- Press Release, Home Trends Magazine Article Oct 1994, An Aging Southern Colonial Mansion Gets a New Lease on Life by Sands & Company /Fall 1994.